Making It Count
All of the proceeds from Girl Scouts Western Oklahoma’s cookie sale remains in our council jurisdiction. This revenue is used to benefit girls, some of it directly by remaining in the Girl Scout troop treasury and some of it indirectly by subsidizing the cost of providing the Girl Scout program in the area.
“Cookie revenue” helps our council:
- Recruit and train volunteer leaders for each Girl Scout troop.
- Provide the financial assistance needed to make Girl Scouting available for all girls.
- Improve and maintain camp and other activity sites.
- Keep event/camp fees for all members to a minimum.
- Sponsor special events and projects.
Each local Girl Scout council sets the price per box, based on its needs and its knowledge of its local market. The price per box, therefore, may vary from one location to another and from one year to the next. Today's prices reflect both the current cost of purchasing cookies from a licensed baker and the realities of providing Girl Scout activities in an ever-changing economic environment.