Girl Advisory League
Founded in 2018, the Girl Advisory League (GAL) gives Cadettes, Seniors, and Ambassadors the opportunity to serve as a voice for all girls in Girl Scouts Western Oklahoma. By lending their voice to a movement that believes in being girl-led, these young leaders will play a pivotal role in shaping the ongoing work of Girl Scouts Western Oklahoma.
Girls will review Council-wide events, programming for older girls, retention efforts and share their knowledge of girl culture and how Girl Scouts can fit into their lives.
Girls will need to make a one-year commitment to the Girl Advisory League with each term running August 1, 2019 to July 31, 2020. Girls can reapply for the next term. Pre-determined quarterly meetings will be required for all members with catch-up meetings through-out the year.
2019/20 Dates: August 11 – 12, October 20, January TBD, April 19
- Fulfill the Girl Scout commitment of girl led by giving girls a strong voice in events, Girl Awards, recruitment/retention and issues that they feel passionate about.
- Increase the number of girl members as SU Annual Delegates for Annual Meeting.
- Increase retention numbers of our Senior & Ambassador girls.
- Have GAL be financially sustainable by the second year.
- Encourage girls to take the lead in their communities with trainings on goal setting, leadership and time management.
- Plan ahead to Convention 2020 with more girls attending the event from GSWESTOK. Possibly a Council sponsored travel opportunity.
During Girl Awards in May, GAL will be selling flowers for family,
friends and leaders to honor their Girl Scout.
- Rebecca Johnson: Troop Finance Specialist
Cera Perez: Older Girl Troop Support Specialist
- Marci Corey: Troop Support Manager