Girl Scouts Western Oklahoma Girl Advisory League
Who Can Apply
Registered Girl Scout Cadettes, Seniors and Ambassadors entering into 8th grade or higher in the Fall.
Applicants chosen for the Girl Advisory League 2018-19 will be notified by September 5, 2018.
What is GAL
The Girl Advisory League gives Cadettes, Seniors, and Ambassadors the opportunity to serve as a voice for all girls in Girl Scouts of Western Oklahoma. By lending their voice to a movement that believes in being girl-led, these young leaders will play a pivotal role in shaping the ongoing work of Girl Scouts of Western Oklahoma.
Girls will review Councl-wide events, programming for older girls, retention efforts and share their knowledge of Girl Culture and how Girl Scouts can fit into their lives.
Girls will need to make a one year commitment to the Girl Advisory League with each term running October 1-September 30th. Girls can reapply for the next term.
Pre-determined quarterly meetings will be required for all members with possible catch-up meetings through-out the year.
2018/19 Dates: October 20th-21, January 19 and April 14.
- Fulfill the Girl Scout commitment of Girl Led by giving girls a strong voice in Events, Girl Awards, Recruitment/Retention of Girls and issues that they feel passionate about.
- Increase the number of girl members as SU Annual Delegates for Annual Meeting
- Increase retention numbers of our Senior & Ambassador Girls
- Have GAL be financially sustainable by the 2nd year
- Encourage Girls to take the lead in their communities with trainings on Goal Setting, Leadership and Time Management.
- Plan ahead to Convention 2020 with more girls attending the event from GSWestOK. Possibly a Council Sponsored Travel Opportunity.
Troop Support Contacts
- Rebecca Johnson-Troop Finance & Support, GAL Lead
- Cera Perez-Older Girl Support, GAL Advisor
- Marci Corey-Troop Support Manager, GAL Advisor