Girl Advisory League
The Girl Advisory League (GAL) gives Cadettes, Seniors, and Ambassadors the opportunity to serve as a voice for all girls in Girl Scouts Western Oklahoma. By lending their voice to a movement that believes in being girl-led, these young leaders will play a pivotal role in shaping the ongoing work of Girl Scouts Western Oklahoma.
Girls will review Council-wide events, programming for older girls, retention efforts and share their knowledge of girl culture and how Girl Scouts can fit into their lives.
Who can apply? Registered Girl Scout Cadettes, Seniors and Ambassadors entering into 8th grade or higher in the Fall.
The selection of the 2018/19 Girl Advisory League has concluded. Congratulations to our nine Inaugural Members!
Applications for the 2019/2020 Girl Advisory League will be open in May 2019.
Girls will need to make a one-year commitment to GAL with each term
running October 1 - September 30. Girls can reapply for the next
Pre-determined quarterly meetings will be required for all members with possible catch-up meetings through-out the year.
2018/19 Dates: October 20-21, January 19-20, April 14.
- Fulfill the Girl Scout commitment of girl led by giving girls a strong voice in events, Girl Awards, recruitment/retention and issues that they feel passionate about.
- Increase the number of girl members as SU Annual Delegates for Annual Meeting.
- Increase retention numbers of our Senior & Ambassador girls.
- Have GAL be financially sustainable by the second year.
- Encourage girls to take the lead in their communities with trainings on goal setting, leadership and time management.
- Plan ahead to Convention 2020 with more girls attending the event from GSWESTOK. Possibly a Council sponsored travel opportunity.
- Rebecca Johnson: Troop Finance Specialist
Cera Perez: Older Girl Troop Support Specialist
- Marci Corey: Troop Support Manager