Girl Advisory League
Who Can Apply
Registered Girl Scout Cadettes, Seniors and Ambassadors entering
into 8th grade or higher in the Fall.
Applicants chosen for the 2018-19 Girl Advisory League will be notified by September 5, 2018.
What is GAL
The Girl Advisory League (GAL) gives Cadettes, Seniors, and Ambassadors the opportunity to serve as a voice for all girls in Girl Scouts Western Oklahoma. By lending their voice to a movement that believes in being girl-led, these young leaders will play a pivotal role in shaping the ongoing work of Girl Scouts Western Oklahoma.
Girls will review Council-wide events, programming for older girls, retention efforts and share their knowledge of girl culture and how Girl Scouts can fit into their lives.
Girls will need to make a one year commitment to GAL with each term
running October 1 - September 30. Girls can reapply for the next
Pre-determined quarterly meetings will be required for all members with possible catch-up meetings through-out the year.
2018/19 Dates: October 20 - 21, January 19 and April 14.
- Fulfill the Girl Scout commitment of girl led by giving girls a strong voice in events, Girl Awards, recruitment/retention and issues that they feel passionate about.
- Increase the number of girl members as SU Annual Delegates for Annual Meeting.
- Increase retention numbers of our Senior & Ambassador girls.
- Have GAL be financially sustainable by the second year.
- Encourage girls to take the lead in their communities with trainings on goal setting, leadership and time management.
- Plan ahead to Convention 2020 with more girls attending the event from GSWestOK. Possibly a Council sponsored travel opportunity.
Troop Support Contacts
- Rebecca Johnson: Troop Finance & Support, GAL Lead
- Cera Perez: Older Girl Support, GAL Advisor
Corey: Troop Support Manager, GAL Advisor