CALLING ALL TROOPS
Help test new STEM programming this fall.
Girl Scouts of the USA has teamed up with our council to test the NEW Daisy, Brownie & Junior Coding for Good Badges.
We need troops who will volunteer their time to test the NEW Coding for Good Badges. Troops selected will be randomly assigned to test either plugged (device needed) or the unplugged (no device needed) version of the program. Troops selected for the plugged version of the curriculum will be able to use tablets through their Council.
No STEM experience necessary – all Girl Scout volunteers can
deliver this program!
- Be the first to try new STEM Badge activities.
- Help develop national STEM programming by providing feedback.
- Earn a $100 Amazon gift card for their troop to support
troop-related program expenses.
Each troop will be required to complete the Coding for Good Badges (a set of 3 progressive badges, for a total of 6 meetings) between October 1 and December 17, 2018 and to participate in the pilot research and experience documentation.
| Troop Participation
- Obtain program materials from GSUSA.
- Review program materials, gather any needed supplies and prepare to do activities.
- Complete the leader pre-survey and administer the girl pre- survey.
- Complete badge feedback form after each badge.
- Administer the girl post-survey and complete the leader post-survey.
- Five (5) photos of girls participating in badge activities.
- At least two (2) quotes from girls about their experience.
- At least one (1) quote from the leader about their experience.