Are you interested in learning about corporate government? Ever wonder what being on a board of directors would be like? Well here's your chance! GSWESTOK is taking applications from girls 14 years old through Senior year of high school with an interest in serving the council in a girl board member position.
In order to be considered, the following criteria must be met:
- Minimum age requirement is 14 years of age with a maximum age of high school senior through the board appointment period.
- There will be a minimum of 5 required board meetings per year. The first is the annual meeting, at which you would be instated as a board member. (Absence from 2 consecutive board meetings without explanatory notification to the president will be considered resignation and will be voted on by other members).
- Exact meeting dates will be confirmed at a later date. In general, the board meets the fourth Thursday of every other month, from 6 to 8 p.m. with an optional no-host meal at 5:30 p.m., beginning in January.
- Girl member will provide input and support to CEO and board to improve girl scout experience.
- Attendance at quarterly meeting with CEO is required.
- Girl must maintain confidentiality.
Girls that meet this criteria are highly encouraged to read the Girl Board Member Position Description and complete the Girl Board Member Application Form and return it no later than October 1, 2013. Applications will be screened and finalist will be invited to attend an interview at the council office in early October.
Serving as a girl board member allows you to have a representative voice directly to your Girl Scout board and an opportunity to learn about corporate government. Having highly qualified, engaged and inquisitive girl board members helps GSWESTOK keep our focus on our girls!