Girls are natural scientists—they push boundaries, test limits, and look at the world around them with inquisitive eyes.
Every girl deserves the chance to explore the fascinating world of STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics). We’ve designed activities and experiences for girls so they can discover what they care about and decide how they will change the world.
STEM experiences are framed within the context of leadership: as girls participate in Girl Scouting, they develop leadership skills to make the world a better place. Research shows girls are more interested in STEM careers when they know how their work can help others.
The Girl Scout Leadership Experience engages girls through the three Girl Scout processes - girl led, learning by doing, and cooperative learning.
Girls earn cool badges and patches to recognize their accomplishments!
Please reserve a kit at 48 hours before needed.
- Select the STEM kit you would like to check out.
- Click "CHECKOUT A STEM KIT TODAY!"
- Fill out the form & submit.
- The STEM Coordinator will email you a checkout confirmation once the kit is available & ready for pickup.
- Once the STEM Kit is ready, it can be picked up at the Council Office front desk. At this time, you will sign the checkout agreement & pay the STEM Kit deposit.
- STEM Kits are due back to the Council Office two weeks after pickup.
Girl Scouts put the “geek” in Geekapalooza! Dress up as your favorite “geek” and join us in our annual STEAM festival, including robotics, geoscience, forensic science, engineering model cars and more!
You never know what you’ll see or what you might find at Geekapalooza! For registration and more information go to our events page!